Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does AirPlay keep failing shortly after restarting my wifi?

AirPlay seems to work okay from my iPhone, iPad and iTunes on my MacBook Pro, but only for a short time after restarting my Thomson 585v8 wifi router.

After a few minutes to half an hour, AirPlay stops working and the option vanishes from all devices.

Any help would be appreciated!

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 3:58 PM

6 replies

Oct 18, 2012 12:25 AM in response to Jack Couvela

An update to this - having read on another forum that my problem may be conflicting channels with my neighbours wifi, I've experimented with changing the wifi channel I'm using. Every time I change the channel this makes AirPlay reappear on all devices for a while, but no matter which channel I use it still vanishes again after a few hours.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received!

Aug 2, 2013 1:02 AM in response to Jack Couvela

Not that it matters now, but all you needed to do was perform a firmware update. The below will be helpful for anyone coming across this discussion (via the support pages at www.plus.net):

The 585v8 v8.2.7.7 firmware is known to cause wi-fi connectivity problems with certain Apple computers. To fix this problem we recommend that you upgrade to v8.2.7.8 that features updated wi-fi drivers from the chipset manufacturer. No official upgrade tool exists for Apple computers so you may need to reflash the firmware using a Windows computer instead.

I did this yesterday and it fixed all of the issues I was having - no Airplay icons, cycling for wifi networks, dropped connections - all of these righted themselves after a firmware update.

Why does AirPlay keep failing shortly after restarting my wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.