Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my software to iOS6 and now my phone won't automatically join known wifi networks even though I have it on. It goes back to 3G every so often when I'm at home instead of using wifi, and each time I ask to join it asks for my wifi password

I updated my software to iOS6 and now my phone won't automatically join known wifi networks even though I have it on. It goes back to 3G every so often when I'm at home instead of using wifi, and each time I ask to join it asks for my wifi password

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:08 PM

7 replies

Oct 16, 2012 8:21 PM in response to Rjmacfad

Try this for your home Wi-Fi:

1. On your iPhone, Settings > Wi-Fi > select your home network > "forget this network"
  2. Power down (unplug) your wireless router
  3. Restart your iPhone
  4. Plug in your router
  5. Re-join that network

I don't know if this simple technique will fix it for good but try it. There is a long thread about this problem here: iOS 6 WiFi Disabled

Oct 20, 2012 2:42 AM in response to Rjmacfad

I installed iOS6 for several weeks in my iPhone 4GS 64GB, and yesterday after turning off and back on iphone, Wifi does not work, the button is gray and Wifi address is N/A. After reading on the internet and reset everything, the problem continues. I called the Assistance service and they said that it is not a hardware problem, but software. However, I also send in iPhone repair. Do you think there is a logic in this answer? What kind of software problem must be repaired in Assistance?

Nov 7, 2012 4:58 AM in response to Rjmacfad

I have not even been able to run the update because I cannot connect to my home wifi. I have tried pretty much everything that people have posted online and now it will allow me to connect for up to 30 seconds and then drop. I am going through way too much data this way. I tried contacting my internet provider to help with my router and they wouldn't help me. I tried "fixing" the router by resetting some things and completely lost wireless for a while until I could get it changed back. Does anyone have an idea that actually works? If I take my phone into my carrier, they cannot find anything wrong and cannot help. . . Verizon does not offer the unlimited data plan anymore and I am using way too much data. HELP!!!!

Nov 7, 2012 6:48 AM in response to Rjmacfad

I'm having the same issue. i've rebooted modems, routers, the phone.. All of it. My phone is dropping off the wifi or creeping so slow that I can't do a thing other than shut off WiFi. I still have the IPhone4. All this happened when I updated this past weekend. So while the patch may have helped Iphone5 users.. It screwed the rest.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.