Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orchestra Jam Pack?

Hi,

Will Orchestra Jam Pack work with Garageband '11? I'd rather shell out for a true Mac product than opt for Mainstage but want to make sure the discontinued Jam Pack will be compatible with '11.

Thanks in advance for answers/advice.

Ocean

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 10:44 PM

The Orchestra JamPack is compatible with GarageBand '11.

The question however is, if the installer of the JamPack will be compatible with Mt. Lion. when you buy the JamPack, make sure the installer is not a PowerPC application, that cannot run on MacOS 10.8.2.

MainStage 2 will install all five JamPacks, including the Symphony Orchestra JamPacks - it is by far the better deal than buying one of the boxed version alone. The price for Mainstage 2 is much less than the price of one single JamPack, and you get all five of them - and no trouble installing on MacOS X 10.8.x.

Regards

Léonie

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2012 10:44 PM in response to OceansDaughter

The Orchestra JamPack is compatible with GarageBand '11.

The question however is, if the installer of the JamPack will be compatible with Mt. Lion. when you buy the JamPack, make sure the installer is not a PowerPC application, that cannot run on MacOS 10.8.2.

MainStage 2 will install all five JamPacks, including the Symphony Orchestra JamPacks - it is by far the better deal than buying one of the boxed version alone. The price for Mainstage 2 is much less than the price of one single JamPack, and you get all five of them - and no trouble installing on MacOS X 10.8.x.

Regards

Léonie

Oct 17, 2012 5:45 AM in response to léonie

Added:

I'd rather shell out for a true Mac product than opt for Mainstage

Mainstage 2 is a true Mac Program. But you do not need to actually use it other than as an installer to install the JamPacks on Mountain Lion. Afterwards you use the JamPacks from GarageBand or Logic, just lke if you had used the much more expensive stand alone JamPack installers.

There will be no difference from the Garageband side of view.

Oct 18, 2012 3:39 PM in response to léonie

Thank you so much for your responses, LeonieDF.

Are you saying that if I buy MainStage 2, I'll get the Orchestra Pack within the MainStage app? I was going to buy the Orchestra JamPack from an online vendor and I can't trust that it will be compatible (it was being offered at a ridiculously low price so I've got to think it will give me the PowerPC error message....).

I'm not sure what you mean by "installer" -- what I need is a string section (violin, cello, harp). If MainStage can do that for me for only $29.99, I'm in.

Thanks again.

Orchestra Jam Pack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.