Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2010 with 2 external monitors without its main display

Hi guys, I have been searching for a way to have 2 monitors without macbook's screen itself.

I'm aware of various adapters through usb and etc.

But Im thinking, if mac book is only capable of outputing 2 displays, why not outputing main display to one external monitor, instead of the screen on the computer, and the other external montior as a extra one?

Is it possible ? so basically 2 external monitor with macbooks screen switched off.

I don't think apple tv can mirror one and add extra one can it?

I just want 2 big monitors instead of 1 big monitor with 1 tiny screen of the laptop.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 9:47 PM

9 replies

Oct 16, 2012 10:15 PM in response to Ben Hong

Maybe someone with a 2010 model will jump in and correct me, but as you only have a single Mini DsplayPort adapter, I don't think that it's possible to have two external models on a 2010 model. You can only do it on 2011+ via Thunderbolt using Thunderbolt Displays.

You might want to ask your question in the Apple Cinema Display forum, though. I'm just not aware that it can be done.

Clinton

Macbook pro 2010 with 2 external monitors without its main display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.