Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 cdma/gsm from sprint

Good day! I live in colombia but here iphone 5 is not available yet. All bands here work with gsm sim card. I was wondering if i buy a sprint cdma/gsm versiona can i then make it work with my carrier here?

Does sprint cdma/gsm work with sim card and without? Does this means it work with bith technologies and have sim card slot?

What is the difference between a cdma/gsm from sprint and a gsm only from at&t?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 11:02 PM

14 replies

Oct 17, 2012 4:05 AM in response to Smejiacano

There are no unlocked iPhones available in the US at this time.

Sprint and most US carriers will ONLY unlock iPhones (or any phone) for customers in good standing or when cancelling a contract and paying the ETF.

If the contract is cancelled in the first 30 days, they require the device to be returned.

Buy an iPhone intended for use in your country.

Oct 17, 2012 8:30 AM in response to Smejiacano

I have answer to you already , yes it works with gsm using a SIM card but you won't be able to send SMS as the iPhone 5 from Sprint gas a kind bug, and second the company who said to you they can unlock the phone for you is lying as there is no jailbreak for the moment able to unlock the Sprint iPhone, only AT&T can be and Verizon is unlocked out of the box

Iphone 5 cdma/gsm from sprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.