Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I buy apps etc from other countries with my itunes ID? Amazon lets you buy from its international stores without a problem, so I reckon it can't be that difficult to set up.

Why can't I buy apps etc from other countries with my itunes ID?

Amazon lets you buy from its international stores without a problem, so I reckon it can't be that difficult to set up.

Also it would allow you to buy foreign films direct from itunes, rather than try to convert them, thereby creating more profit for itunes and creating less hassle for users.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 3:50 AM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2012 4:22 AM in response to Mouseketier

This has been around for a couple of years, a part of the problem, maybe the true basis, is as described by KP. Apple has since the inception of the iTunes and app store tied the user-store ability to purchase to the country and credit card of the user. The user must have a physical address tied to the credit card being used so that purchases end up only working in the country where the credit card is issued. And to make matters more difficult, I have not seen anything on here from users with credit cards issued in additional countries being able to make purchases from stores in those countries...the AppleID is tied to one account so you cannot setup accounts in multiple countries and then link them. While it may sound complicated, it just comes down to you can only buy from the stores in one country. For some of us who speak more than one language it is disappointing to not be able to buy books in other languages, but that is the system as it now exists.

Why can't I buy apps etc from other countries with my itunes ID? Amazon lets you buy from its international stores without a problem, so I reckon it can't be that difficult to set up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.