Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Adding a mpg file to a word 2012 document

Hi ALL,

Can anyone help with to add a mpg file in a word document.

I use OSX 2012 for mac.

Thanks ...

Dimaxum

Late 2009 24, Mac OS X (10.7), iMac G4/1250 MHz-80GB HD-768Mb RAM iBook G3/600MHz 20GB-HD-64

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:14 AM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2012 7:58 PM in response to Dimaxum

Dimaxum wrote:

Can anyone help with to add a mpg file in a word document.

I use OSX 2012 for mac.

If you mean Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac than try dragging your file onto the document. (Drag 'n Drop is a feature of Office 2011 for Mac.)

Alternatively, go to the Insert menu and select Audio or Movie (depending on what type of file your mpg is).

From the submenu, select "Audio from File" or "Movie from File," respectively. Find your mpg file and click the Choose button.

The file should show on your document page, which you can then drag to the specific location you desire.

HTH

Oct 18, 2012 12:39 AM in response to LilyLC

Hi LiliyLC,

Thank you for responding to my post.

But I already did this ... I use MS 2011.

When I add a movie with the extension MPG-4 the only thing I see is a Picture without the frame.

When I do SAVE AS ... in PDF I see only a Picture of the inserted movie ... without the movie frame so that you play it.

Any idea ??

Dimaxum

Oct 18, 2012 11:24 AM in response to Dimaxum

Hi Dimaxum,

When I add a movie with the extension MPG-4 the only thing I see is a Picture without the frame.

What "frame?" In MS Word, double click on the "Picture" and the player controls will show and the movie automatically plays.

When I do SAVE AS ... in PDF I see only a Picture of the inserted movie ... without the movie frame so that you play it.

I have not done what you desire however I did a test and got similar results, i.e., picture of the movie only. One way to get the movie is to added it to the PDF using the Acrobat >Multimedia >Add Video tool. Once the tool is selected, draw a frame using the "picture" as a guide. The Insert Video window will popup for you to choose your movie document. Check the box next to "Advanced Options" to set when it plays.

The Microsoft Community might have a simple method to do what you desire.

Hope this helps and Good Luck! 😉

OSX Adding a mpg file to a word 2012 document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.