Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Nano 7th Generation - Not Charging / Error Msg From Comp 'Attached Device Malfunctioned'

My IPod Nano 7th gen arrived last night. I was able to turn it on and select language 'english' When I connected it to my computer it did not recognize my iPod, so it also did not show up in iTunes, Error message: "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned. and Windows does not recognize it."

My Nano turned off and went blank. I have tried to reset it. Nothing works, just blank.

No charge icon, I have tried all USB ports on my comp, but nothing works- (but my USB ports work fine) I have read that if my iPod has not been charged fully, the computer my not recognize it.

I am now using an adapter and trying to charge it thru the wall power socket. It has been connected for half an hour. Still cannot turn iPod on.

I have Windows 7 running on comp. Itunes is current version 10.7. I have rebooted my comp several times and re-installed iTunes.

I have an iPhone and an iPod shuffle that are both synced with iTunes on this comp, they work fine.

Is my iPod broken? Do I send it back? Anyone else having the same problems? Please Help !!

iPod nano, 7th Generation

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:17 AM

11 replies

Oct 27, 2012 7:01 PM in response to SavvYgirL33

I had this problem as well. I have a PC running Windows 7. I have installed the latest iTunes 10.7 software (64 bit). I reset the nano by holding down the start and home button for 10 seconds. Then - I plugged it into a PC running Windows XP and was able to format the iPod. Ejected it and plugged it into my Windows 7 computer and then the computer recognized it and I was able to load it. There is some problem with iTunes 7 on Windows 7.

Ipod Nano 7th Generation - Not Charging / Error Msg From Comp 'Attached Device Malfunctioned'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.