Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a little ~ next to a mailbox. How to get ride of it.

A ~ just showed up next to my inbox in Email. How do I get rid of it?

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:45 AM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2012 9:21 AM in response to Klaus1

Did so and it does show "Take [Account] offline. Tried to get email and after the wheel kept going there is now a small triangle with an exclamation point inside next to "inbox" and next to my email box. Still am getting no email for that address. Now what? Have checked with server to make sure everything is alright on their end. It is. Also checked to make that the password online agrees with what I have on the account on the iMac.. It does.

Jan 22, 2013 10:40 AM in response to Klaus1

Mail - Preferences - Accounts. Box should be chcked for "Use only this server" for Outgoing Mail Server. Should see correct server account highlighted on left side of window. To check on what is going on, click on dropdown menu for "Outgoing Mail Server" and click on "Edit SMTP Server List". If there is an additional account listed with a triangle next to it in this window, highlight unwanted listed server and delete by clicking on -- . Should solve the problem.

I have a little ~ next to a mailbox. How to get ride of it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.