Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to save as in Pages

I am trying to save as in pages and that is not an option. When I save to the cloud (the default) and try to attach document to email, the email cautions me that the file is empty. Can you direct me to resource for this challenge?
Thanks!

<Re-Titled By Host>

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 7:20 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2012 8:31 AM in response to Cynthia Hutch

Hi Cynthia,

I'm not sure where to begin. In Lion, and also in Mountain Lion, making a copy of a document is most easily done by clicking on the Document Name at the top of the Pages Window and Selecting Duplicate.

If you are looking for "Save As" because you want to change the file type, choose File > Export instead.

If you don't really need iCloud and don't care to spend time tring to figure out what is causing the null files, just turn off Documents in iCloud preferences and your options for saving in Pages will revert to just showinng the local drives.

Some people have troubles exporting as a PDF Mail attachment. If works, but again, if you don't want to work through the issues that might be prevenging it, simply Print > PDF > Save as PDF and then attach the PDF file to your separately created email.

Have I come close to addressing your challenge? If you can help me to understand the motivation I may be able to focus in a bit.

Jerry

Trying to save as in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.