Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NANO SIMS AVAILABLE - UN-LOCK THE IPHONE 5 !!!

Now that Nano-Sims are flowing freely on the open market (not re-furbed micro Sims that someone actauly did in their garage) but actual production models, WHY hasn't Apple UN-LOCKED the retail store version of the iPhone 5 ?? This could increase their sales even firther !!! It also begs the question - WHY can't I buy an un-locked iPhone 5 in Southern California BUT I CAN IN GAZA - on the street - for almost the same price???

iPhone 5, iOS 6, TRYING TO FIND UN-LOCKED VERSION

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 9:51 AM

20 replies

Oct 18, 2012 7:35 AM in response to kp12

No, you don't, not unless it was imported without authorization from Canada or another country. H.H. Gregg, even if the were an authorized iPhone reseller which they do not appear to be, could not be legitimately selling unlocked GSM iPhones; only Apple themselves sell them in the US, and they have not yet announced unlocked iPhone 5s. You may also have a Verizon or Sprint model in which the GSM portion is unlocked, but the iPhone must be activated with Verizon/Sprint before it will work.

Oct 18, 2012 8:47 AM in response to varjak paw

According to many web sites the Verizon iPhone 5 is SIM unloocked and will work with T-Mobile's network.

From MacRumors

"It's worth noting that though the Verizon iPhone 5 will work on AT&T and T-Mobile's 3G network for voice and data, the phone will not work on AT&T's LTE data network. It will work on a number of international LTE networks."

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/24/verizon-leaving-iphone-5-sim-slots-unlocked- as-required-by-fcc-network-access-regulations/

Oct 18, 2012 9:21 AM in response to kp12

hhgregg is an authorized Verizon reseller. They are also one of the skeeviest, high pressure sales operations on the planet.

They will tell you anything to get their commission. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and I vowed long ago I would never purchase anything from them.

Asking hhgregg about it is like a woman asking her husband if she looks fat in this dress... if he has any brains or will to live at all, he will lie...

NANO SIMS AVAILABLE - UN-LOCK THE IPHONE 5 !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.