Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen on Mountain Lion Reboot

This is a MacBook Pro with the i7 in it. I downloaded Mountain Lion to run the upgrade. Went to install it and it thought for a few minutes. Then it told me it needed to reboot. It did and the screen went black. No message, no nothing. The machine was still on, though, because the chasis was warm and the I could hear the fan humming. So I held down the power button to shut it off and then turn it back on. The power light on the front of the unit comes on for a second like it's going to boot, but then it goes off and doesn't power on. So now I can't even boot my machine. Can somebody tell me what's going on here, and what I need to do to fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 12:13 PM

Edit: The macbook hasn't gone necessarily totally dead. If you angle the monitor to reflect the right kind of light, you can see the faint outline of a dialog that says "install OS x." So I am hoping that the monitor isn't permanently on the blink because of this.

1 reply

Black Screen on Mountain Lion Reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.