Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream Problems on Windows 7 computer

Nothing happens when I click on Photo Stream Options in iCloud Control. Also no matter how often I check & apply the box next to Photo Stream in my iCloud Control Panel, It refuses to work. I am unable to view my Photo Stream on my Windows 7 computer!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:29 AM

10 replies

Oct 17, 2012 1:29 PM in response to Kevin Ringgold

Worked for me when photo stream iclooud control panel was introduced in Windows but it stopped working and I've not been able to get it working for about 2 months. The latest Control Panel 2.0 will not allow me to enable Photo Stream. I can check the box, save and then when I open control panel again it is un-checked.

Oct 17, 2012 3:20 PM in response to heil33

When I spoke with an Apple tech, first and second tier, after two hours, he said I was the first to have this problem that he heard. He said he was sorry and that he couldn't do anything else for me. I asked to talk to the next tier tech. He said he was the last tier. Ios 6 I believe also messed up my outlook contacts. They are gone. He told me to call Microsoft. I am so frustrated.

Oct 17, 2012 3:48 PM in response to heil33

Like the rest of you, I have had all of the all the same problems. Started a couple weeks ago with Photostream not updating. I did a re-set of Photostream, accomplished nothing. I was able to sync my iPad manually, but now I can't even do that.

Like others, I can not enable Photostream from the iCloud control panel, the "options" button does nothing.

This morning icloud control panel did an update to 2.0 and things went even further downhill. Now Photostream does not even show up on my iCloud.com page; also, I can no longer manually sync photos via iTunes.

Standard answer to customer problem: You're the 1st to ever have a problem with this...

It does appear to be IOS6 related.

Oct 21, 2012 7:44 AM in response to heil33

May have made some headway. After uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. with no improvement. I tried syncing manually via iTunes, and everything but Photostream would sync just fine. So when I tried to sync Photos only via iTunes, it kept wanting to go to an old Blackberry Photos folder, and also told me that there were no photos in my Photostream folder. After awhile, I opened the Blackberry Photos folder and there sat a duplicate set of Photostream Cache folders that appeared to be identical to the cache folders in my Photostream folder.

I deleted the cache folders in the Blackberry folder, then deleted the Blackberry photos folder (moving any photos I wanted to keep into my Photostream upload folder). By then, I had about given up on Photostream and went off to do something else. A couple hours later, I looked at my iPad, laptop, and iPhone Photostream and voila, everything on my iPad and iPhone was synced-up. Everything synced except 2 photos, both panoramas that I shot on my iPhone, those 2 panos don't show up on any device. Not sure why, file size max on Photostream?

Now, the Photostream folder on my laptop shows the "Blackberry" photos I added to the upload folder ok, it still doesn't show any of my iPhone photos shot in the last week or so.

I just tried manually syncing Photostream with my iPhone and when I try to select the Photostream folder I get a dialog fault that says invalid selection or folder. Tried iPad and I can sync only computer to iPad.

I have also re-set password, etc to try and see if that was an issue. Has not appeared to make a difference.

I just think the switch to iOS6 + windows = some major issues at Apple.

Photo Stream Problems on Windows 7 computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.