Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S lagging bad!

My iPhone 4S started lagging really bad in framerate when I receive a single text! Here's how I tested it. I used Messages on my mac to send imessages to my phone. I would send about 12 at a time in a row. As I'm doing this, I'm on my home page of the iPhone 4S flipping through my different pages of apps to check the fluidity of the interface. As I am flipping, the lag gets really bad as the phone is receiving the iMessages; it becomes choppy. I also found a forum mentioning that the issue was the "Banner Notification", but I tested that by turning Banners off. Even with the banners off the phone has terrible lag... Is this normal? I've never had this problem before.. It has gotten to points where the phone would freeze for a good 5 seconds.

I did a hard reset, and after I tested it by spamming my phone with messages from my mac. After the hard reset, the lag went away but I feel like it's just a matter of time before it starts up again, and it did a couple of days later it started again but not as bad. This time around the lag occurred after I swiped to unlock and moved across my different pages of apps.

I'm really upset. This problem has never occurred before and the 4S is supposed to still be able to keep up as of speed. I'm not sure if this is a software issue or not, but I hope it is just an iOS6 issue that can be patched. I didn't have this problem when I was on iOS5. I also didn't spend $700 on a phone that's supposedly the fastest iPhone as little as a year ago, and now it's lagging like it's 2 generations behind.

Please, can someone help.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:48 AM

6 replies

iPhone 4S lagging bad!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.