Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please reply!!

Hi, I need an answer from someone experienced please!

idk if this is a virus, a hack, or a malfunction that is happening with all of my devices!

everytime i try to go on a web, it loads normally, sometimes it pops up like this 😟!

why? I need an answer. it would happen with my HP and I had been hacked, my laptop made clicking sounds and such.

This happening with my iphone, ipad, macbook, my family, it even happened @ my university computers, libraries ettc!

can someone please explain whats going on!

I am really scared!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 1:21 PM

16 replies

Oct 17, 2012 1:53 PM in response to pink12332

I had this a few times. I do not have a sure answer, but let me give some suggestion.

My feeling was about a low spead connection for some reason, may be for low speed internet connection due to line problems or low speed in my Lan or Wlan due to more than one Mac connected. (I use both Ehternet and WiFi)

What about the DNS settings in your Modem ? This could affect also your friend's computer.

Which is the situation while you are on a different Net, outside of your home ?

Oct 17, 2012 1:58 PM in response to pink12332

Presently, there are no known viruses affecting OS X that are in the wild. There are a couple of trojans, but typically require user interaction to become infected. Nevertheless check:

Helpful Links Regarding Flashback Trojan and Virus Protection

An excellent link to read is Tom Reed's Mac Malware Guide.

A link to a great User Tip about the trojan: Flashback Trojan User Tip.

To check for the trojan: Anti Flashback Trojan 2.0.4.

A Google search can reveal a variety of alternatives on how the remove the trojan should your computer get infected. This can get you started. Or the preferred method is to use Apple's protection tool: Flashback Malware Removal Tool 1.0.

Or, open Software Update. If you do not have the Apple protection software installed it will download and install it via Software Update. If no update appears that means you either already have it installed or it isn't needed for your system. The software is only available for Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion versions of OS X.

Also see Apple's article About Flashback malware.

For general anti-virus protection I only recommend using ClamXav.

Oct 17, 2012 2:00 PM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

Has this really happened to you?! I was completely paranoid thinking I was the only one.

someone suggested that Its someone monitoring me or hacking me, sending viruses or remote controlling my laptop. I use wifi and its happening to many computers, but specifically MY iPad, MY macbook and MY iphone.

thank you for assuring me it has happened to you as I thought Im the only one!

thanks so much!!!!

Oct 17, 2012 2:19 PM in response to pink12332

Happens to me occasionally, too. Usually with the BBC website. For some reason it doesn't appear that the JavaScripts and .css used to correctly structure the page are running.

Certainly not any kind of malware, and as it happens in both browsers, it's unlikely to be my end at all.

Slow connection? Not as far as I can judge. A SpeedTest run at he time of the last occurence showed a perfectly normal line speed for my connection.

DNS look-up? I wouldn't think so as I use Open DNS permanently.

Mostly seems to occur in late evening when traffic is high, though, so it could be server loading.

Please reply!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.