Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are audiobooks located on iPhone 5

Audiobooks used to be located in the Music app on my phone, but now i'm unsure as to where to find them? Does anyone know?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 1:39 PM

47 replies

Feb 24, 2013 7:18 AM in response to bdm86

I'm having the same problem! It's so frustrating especially as now when I try to sync my ipad or iPhone to the iTunes with the audiobook saved to it gives me the option of restore from back up or start from scratch. Another example of apple neglecting important stuff for the user! If any one can help with my issue I would be great full as apple won't

Apr 19, 2013 1:09 PM in response to bdm86

I also am totally clueless. I have gotten books from a public library and have put them into itunes using Overdrive. In itunes on my computer I can see them as well as listen to them, but they do not appear on my phone anywhere. If I try to download them to my phone the Overdrive instructions tell me I have to do it over itunes. How do I get the books from itunes onto the iphone?

Apr 30, 2013 12:44 AM in response to bdm86

I had the same problem and solved it in the following way.

Open ITunes on your computer and select one of the audio books you want to transfer and try and play it.

At this point I received the message that the computer was not authorised to play the Audio books and that I needed to sign in to Audible.

I filled in my Audible details on the popup that came up from apple and synced the iPhone - this time it worked. The Audio books were back at their old location under music, more.

Dec 10, 2013 6:21 PM in response to Andreas Junge

Wow, that really helped!! I have spent the past 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support to try and find out why my audio book, bought on my MAcbook air didn't come through on my iMac. Finally she found out that audio books can only be downloaded once!! Even the Apple people didn't know that.

Then I tried to sync my phone and ran into all sort of problems until I read your solution. Thanks so much, thought I was going crazy!

where are audiobooks located on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.