Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in Boot Camp 'Your bootable USB drive could not be created'

I have a rMBP

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

I am trying to create a bootable Windows 7 USB file through Boot Camp. During the "Copying Windows Files..." portion I get the error,

"Your bootable USB drive could not be created"

"An error occurred while copying the Windows installation files."

I have searched high and low on the fourms and tried everything they've said to do, I've unmounted the .iso in Disk Utility, I've tried several external storage devices from 8GB to 1TB, rebooting, ejecting the image file, etc... Everything I have is legally purchased, no torrents or anything. If anyone has any recemendations or soloutions for this, that would be great. Thank you.

Image of Disk Utility, as you can see, it is unmounted, it does become mounted again part way through the process though.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 1:59 PM

11 replies

Jan 22, 2013 11:33 AM in response to am936

Yeah.

At that point, it was just a normal boot camp install.

Also, just a tip, when you finish installing Windows, be sure to do a complete update of your hardware. I took my computer my school IT center and they were able to optimize it for the school network as well as install drivers that aren't updated as frequently on Apple's Boot Camp server.

He updated my GPU, CPU and WiFi drivers.

Error in Boot Camp 'Your bootable USB drive could not be created'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.