Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages not being received by one contact

I have one contact that cannot receive my messages I have sent. We both have the iPhone 4s.

When I do try to send a message to him, it shows up 'blue' and no error message is received. My phone recognizes that it is an iMesssage in the message body but he does not ever receive them. When he sends a message to me, I do receive it but it is a regular SMS in green. I have even tried to simply respond to the messages he sends me, they also show up blue, but he doesn't recieve those either.

We both have iMessage 'on', and both are running 3G

I do not have this issue with any other contacts, iPhone user or not

Thanks for any help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 2:54 PM

5 replies

Oct 17, 2012 3:03 PM in response to Love_me_some_apple

Believe it or not I feel that your friend has an incorrect email associated with his iPhone in iMessage. If he goes into his Settings he will find that he is not receiving your iMessages due to this cause. Your Contacts list was setup knowing that your friend uses an iPhone, thus it correctly shows your messages to him in Blue. Your iPhone when receiving your friend's messages in not getting them from a "Known" iPhone source. There is nothing wrong with your iPhone.

Oct 17, 2012 4:26 PM in response to Love_me_some_apple

Another problem that some iPhone 5 or IOS 6 Users have experienced is duplicate Contact Files for some of their Contacts. It appears that when these people did a Sync or a Restore it pulled older Contact Phone Numbers and/or email addresses. It is possible that when you go to your Contacts it is accessing a Contact File with the incorrect data.

Oct 17, 2012 6:50 PM in response to Love_me_some_apple

I don't have his email address set up with his contact information, only his cell number. I went so far as to manually enter his phone number into the 'To:' field. Just came up with his name and still sent an iMessage but he did not receive it.

My phone only has one contact card for him and I'm still confused as to why I can receive massages from him but as normal SMS as opposed to iMessage but my iMessage says its sent with no errors and he doesn't receive

messages not being received by one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.