Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I usually put my iMac to sleep when I finish a session. Should I close the browser, or is it ok to leave it open?

I usually put my iMac to sleep when I finish a session. Should I QUIT the browser first, or is it ok to leave it open?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 3:38 PM

It's OK to leave it open.

(70827)

4 replies

Oct 18, 2012 12:46 AM in response to bigstroke

Yes as Kappy said above, if you put your whole computer to sleep while you're downloading data (or say you want to step away from the computer for awhile and stay signed in on IM or something), it will stop. Though if you put the display to sleep/goes to sleep on it's own, you'll be good.

Wether I put it to sleep, or let the display go to sleep by itself, browsers/photoshop/whatever is still generally up. I haven't had any image persistance problems, and I've had this thing for 5 1/2 years now (it's still possible though with any LCD monitor though)

I usually put my iMac to sleep when I finish a session. Should I close the browser, or is it ok to leave it open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.