Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 slow to send/receive email

OK, I have my old iphone 4G and my new iphone 5. both have iOS 6. the 4G sends/receives email and maintains wifi connections like always, basically instantaneously and flawlessly. The iphone 5 just sits there. Seriously, my iPhone 5 was on all day today (on a charger because it would have killed the battery otherwise, but thats another topic) and it did not update puch notifications in my exchange account once, NOT ONCE! it just sat there on the mail screen with the "Checking for Mail...." note at teh bottom of the screen. I had signal, so everyone can stop with that comment straight off. It also drops Wifi networks like hot potatoes, I have to reconnect at least 4 times today.

What is the deal here Apple? This is not the network, my wife has the iPhone 4S on iOS 6 and it is working great. It has to be the phone, I am seriously starting to want my money back here.

Anyone else got a similar experience? Anyone have any ideas how to get push to work better?

iPhone 5, iOS 6, send/receive exchange

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 2:56 PM

6 replies

Nov 23, 2013 3:41 AM in response to MacClan

I have the same issue with my new iphone 5s. In fact I returned my first 5s because I thought it was faulty! This has clearly been an ongoing issue with iphone 5. My iphone 4 never had this problem even with iOS 7 upgrade. The strange thing is that the problems only exist when using 3G etc. on wifi it works fine. Apple sort this out please and quickly!!

iPhone 5 slow to send/receive email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.