Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp partition will not mount

Hello. I recently resized my bootcamp partition. First, I made my Mac partition smaller using disk utility, then I went over to bootcamp and allocated the new free space to bootcamp using Minitool Partition Wizard.

Since doing that, my bootcamp partition no longer shows up while I'm booted into the Mac. I can still boot into bootcamp by holding down option, but I can no longer use an automatic utility that will boot into windows from the Mac side (the utility is called BootChamp).

When I run diskutil list the output I get is:

/dev/disk1

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *750.2 GB disk1

1: EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1

2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HDD 534.0 GB disk1s2

3: Microsoft Basic Data 145.3 GB disk1s3

So clearly it still sees the partition (oddly, it only sees 145 GB, though...not 200 GB, which is what I resized it to). When try diskutil mount /dev/disk1s3, I get an error that says "Volume on disk1s3 failed to mount", and when I check the Console system.log, I get:

Oct 17 17:51:03 Grant-MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.volume.internal.mount' by client '/usr/sbin/diskutil' [2245] for authorization created by '/usr/sbin/diskutil' [2245] (100013,0)

Oct 17 17:51:03 Grant-MMacBook-Pro.local com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.volume.internal.mount' by client '/usr/sbin/diskarbitrationd' [16] for authorization created by '/usr/sbin/diskutil' [2245] (100002,0)

Oct 17 17:51:03 Grant-MacBook-Pro.local diskarbitrationd[16]: unable to probe /dev/disk1s3 (status code 0xFFFFFFFC).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? I would like my Bootcam partition to be mounted while I'm on the Mac side. Thank you!

-Grant

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:01 PM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp partition will not mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.