Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save game app data in iCloud?

I want to do a restore on my ipad but I don't want to lose my place in my games.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:52 PM

App data is included in the iPad backup. If you are backing up to iCloud, go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage, tap the name of you iPad under Backups, then look for the app under Backup Options (tap Show All Apps if you don't see it) and confirm that it is set to On. If it is, the app data will be included in your backup.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2012 4:52 PM in response to michael33r

App data is included in the iPad backup. If you are backing up to iCloud, go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage, tap the name of you iPad under Backups, then look for the app under Backup Options (tap Show All Apps if you don't see it) and confirm that it is set to On. If it is, the app data will be included in your backup.

Oct 17, 2012 7:52 PM in response to michael33r

Don't delete it. Just restore to your iCloud backup. At the end of the iCloud restore process, iCloud will redownload all of your purchased apps again from the app store anyway, giving you a fresh copy. If the author of this app stores your game progress in the app data that is backed up (which I assume it is), you should be able to pick up where you left off. (But you would have to contact the app author to find out for sure what app data is backed up.)

How do I save game app data in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.