Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i completely restore a mac mini g4 10.5.8 without install DVD

I have a used Mac Mini g4 running Mac os X Leopard 10.5.8 wehn I bought it off the person I got it with their name, like when I start it up and on the loginscreen it says "So and so's mac mini" I just want to completely restore it but it didnt come with Install DVD. Thanks.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:04 PM

Completely restoring it involves erasing it which wipes the operating system for which you need the DVD to reinstall.

In the short term you can use the administrator account (presumably the person gave you the password to that - if not then get it from the person and never buy anything from them again because it sounds kind of iffy) to make a new administrator account and then delete the first one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2012 6:04 PM in response to techyguy

Completely restoring it involves erasing it which wipes the operating system for which you need the DVD to reinstall.

In the short term you can use the administrator account (presumably the person gave you the password to that - if not then get it from the person and never buy anything from them again because it sounds kind of iffy) to make a new administrator account and then delete the first one.

How do i completely restore a mac mini g4 10.5.8 without install DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.