Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of the "unnamed" feature in iPhoto?

I don't care what the name of the person is. I WANT TO SEE THE PHOTOGRAPH. Without the word "unnamed" showing up under every single **** face. So frustrated. Please help me get rid of this. I don't care about this feature at all.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:57 PM

14 replies

Jan 13, 2013 12:25 PM in response to tinabean

If Apple Developers are looking at this forum, the face recognition feature should be off by default. It is poor user interface design to force a feature upon a large segment of users who not only find no use for this function but find it a real nuisance.

The user interface should provide some obvious way to turn this feature on and off. Logically that would be in the application preferences panel. It is not good interface design to force users to do a google search to find out how to get rid of an annoying feature.

As an aside, in the early days of the Mac, the quality of the UI was paramount. Whatever happened to it? Has solid UI design just been replaced by fashion design perhaps?

Mar 28, 2015 11:34 AM in response to tinabean

I'm new to iMac, but it frustrated me for awhile clicking on the 'x' for an unnamed face pane, and it wouldn't do anything. Turns out all you have to is name it (or in some cases move an already named face to get to the unnamed face below it) to delete the unnamed face from your photos.

All in all though, I gotta say...iPhoto is a freakin AWESOME way to organize my family's photos and improve their appearance. 90% of the time I just click enhance, and the image is vastly improved. I just got this iMac and it's tough to pick up some things, but it's safe to say, F windows - I'll never go back! 😀

How can I get rid of the "unnamed" feature in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.