Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a voltage converter for apple products?

I'm taking a trip to china. I'm wondering about the voltage in china. Will I need a converter or will my iPod be ok with the higher voltage? What If i buy a charger in china and use that? Will that mess up the iPod?

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:40 PM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2012 10:55 PM in response to Zach the Apple User

If you are living in a house, and you will be there a while, you might install a american outlet that can handle the current. Or have an electritian do it if you dont have the electrical knowledge so you dont hurt yourself. .Also, you might purchase a power inverter that uses 12vdc from a car battery and converts it to 120vac and the amount of watts depending on what model you get. They are usually pretty cheap especially ones that plug directly into your cigarette lighter. Those are usually under $30. Just as long as you have a way to charge the battery. In a car you usually dont have to worry about it.

Do I need a voltage converter for apple products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.