Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starbucks here in Canada WiFi issue Ipad 3

When I go to a Starbucks here in Canada we have to accept there conditions on a page that loads in safari, however I can not seem to get back to this authentication page to do this, I have tried forgetting the wifi network, I am somewhat new to Ipad so not sure what to do on my pc laptop the page eventually loads however on Ipad I get the not connected to internet page and it stops there. It does see the network though

iPad, iOS 6, Ipad 3

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 7:45 AM

Clear the cookies. Settings -> Safari -> Clear Cookies and Data. That should have the page show up next time you connect to the Starbuck Wifi

9 replies

Dec 12, 2012 9:57 AM in response to GoJets

I have only been able to get internet access at one (of five) different starbucks I've been to in Victoria. I have tried everything including clearing cookies and history in Safari. I have forgotten the connection and renewed the lease many, many times. Today even my iphone 4 wouldn't connect. I guess I have an ipad3 that can only access wifi at home or other coffee shops, that is, until I change my devices when I renew my phone contract, then no more Apple products for me!

Dec 17, 2012 7:01 AM in response to markinhfx

It's not the best solution but restarting your iDevice seems to help when this happens. We usually go to starbucks with 3 iPads and the one with ios5 is the only one that can connect without rebooting (all ipad 3rd gen).

Also, if you are at Starbucks by Chapters, we found that our iPads don't have any issues connecting to chapters free wifi. However, chapters wifi has parental and copyright control to many sites, if you use a VPN after you connect, then you won't have any problems accessing any sites (not that I want to go to inappropriate sites in public, I just want to have that option)

I hope apple would fix this issue soon. We go to starbucks almost everyday and it is stupid that we have to reboot each time we go.

Dec 17, 2012 6:55 PM in response to markinhfx

I spent 3 months working with apple on this issue while in Canada for the summer. They finally gave up and upon returning to the U.S. we went in to the first apple store where,,, we were given a new iPad 3 with iOS 5.1.1 and were given verbal instruction not to upgrade to iOS 6. We are still on 5.1.1 three months later and it works fine everywhere so far. We do have a few app upgrades for 6 sitting there but we just ignore them.

Starbucks here in Canada WiFi issue Ipad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.