Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS9 on PowerBOOK. With 10.3

I have a PowerBook 2005 with 10.3 and a seperate disk with OS 9 when I installed I could choose between 12 languages customize ( We do not install all do we? ,but just installed Finnish and English) . That seems the only Customized multi lingual OS 9 ,the other earlier OS 9 that are on the same Disk as 10.3 or 10.2 are in Japanese only and when yo instlla the bundled OS 9 a restore install forces you to use Japanese and does not change with the language preferences when logging into Finnish.

Finnish is mixed with English when using different Applications or OS 9 menus ,but it has a speech help balloon that explains in both En or Fi on different parts what the mouse pointer hovers over a , I was wondering if I can get it to work like Googles Language Immersion which highlights words on English text only in 1 of 50 languages you can chose ,but not from language you want into English.

OS 9 Is limited but with bilingual usage it is good to learn a language at the same time using Applications.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 3:44 AM

There are no replies.

OS9 on PowerBOOK. With 10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.