Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Image Capture won't recognize my Canon MP600 Scanner

I'm not sure when it happened as I don't use my scanner all that much but at some point in the last month or so Image Capture can'is no longer able to see my scanner. It's a multi function Canon MP600 printer/scanner. I can still print but no go on scanning. I checked out the Canon site for drivers/updates but there are none. System Report sees the MP600 and like I said, I can print just not scan. I'm running 10.8.2.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, G5 2Ghz iMac, G4/533 upgraded to 1.33GHz, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 5:03 AM

8 replies

Oct 18, 2012 3:51 PM in response to sig

Thanks but that didn't help. The MP Navigator won't even launch (it gives a"the scanner driver supported by this software is not installed. Install it and then retry." error message) and I really don't want to have to scan through anything other than Image Capture anyway. The Canon page for Mountain Lion support states that my printer is fully supported and since there isn't any downloadable drivers or updates for my printer I can only assume that the drivers are included with Mountain Lion and something is preventing them from loading.

Any other ideas?

Oct 18, 2012 6:47 PM in response to Jailer Joe

According to this Apple KB article, there is no ICA driver available from Apple for the MP600 and MP600R. The ICA driver is needed to scan with Image Capture. Checking the Canon Australia web site, they also do not have the ICA driver for this model. And, looking through the two Canon IJScanner plugins, located in HD > Library >Image Capture > Devices, the MP600 is not listed as a supported device. So I don't see how you would have used Image Capture on 10.8 with the MP600.

As for MP Navigator, the link shown above was for a CanoScan 5600F, which uses a different version of MP Navigator and scanner driver. So to use the MP600 with MP Navigator, you would need to get the correct version for MP600. But with reference from the Canon Australia web site, there is only 10.7 supported versions of Navigator and scanner driver. So unless another Canon site has a later version, you may not be able to scan from the MP600 on Mtn Lion.

Jan 17, 2013 12:50 PM in response to legendarybc

This might have been my fix, too. I did as this instructed; however, after installing v.2.11 from Apple's site and deleting the printer, then adding it back again (I also unplugged and replugged the printer), nothing changed.

I then did as "noseyp" below suggested and at the Canon site added the scanner driver for Mac OS 10.7. That process (after I bypassed my security roadblock), required a computer restart.

So was is it v.2.11 installation (plus the restart) that made the difference? Or was it the 10.7 scanner driver? I won't know.

I'd suggest to anyone to do as "legendarybc" suggested, but then do restart your computer. If that doesn't work, then add the 10.7 scanner driver from:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_s eries/pixma_mp600#Overview

Mountain Lion Image Capture won't recognize my Canon MP600 Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.