Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCloud keep photos after I delete them from my ipad

I only use the new iPad and iPhone 4S. I want to keep photos I have on these devices but want to remove them to create more space. If I delete them from my iPad

And iPhone will the pictures be accessible through iCloud in the future or will they be deleted forever?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 6, iPhone 4S w IOS6

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:54 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2012 8:14 AM in response to Kelleytx

iCloud only keeps photos in your photo stream for 30 days. After that they are deleted, although they will remain on any device that has already received them. However, if the device is ever replaced or restored and reconnected to your photo stream, it will only receive the photos that fall within this 30-day window (as the others have been removed). As you can see, it's not designed for long-term storage or backup. If you want to keep your photos permanently, regularly import them to your computer as described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083.

Does iCloud keep photos after I delete them from my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.