Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bricked unlocked iphone 5

i got a brand new unlocked iphone 5... i opened, turned it on, set up everything but i didnt connect the phone to itunes, so... the phone was NOT activated... i put the sim card then it couldnt get any signal... so i decided to restore the phone using itunes.. i download the file, then it tries to restore it.. and then says

cant restore unwknown error -1

i activated 2 more iphone 5 without problems using the same computer (this time i did connected it to itunes, and was so simple to activate it)

but this other phone is now bricked, shows the "connect to itunes" on screen, but when i try to restore via itunes, never finishes... always shows error then im back at the beginning...

any ideas? help please

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 7:48 AM

8 replies

Oct 19, 2012 6:40 PM in response to gaosgax

Carl, theres nothing unusual about my post, i bought 3 iphones 5 in LAX, 1 for me , 2 for 2 friends in china, i flew to china, i delivered the phones to them, one of this guys is a 14 years old, he didnt read activation instructions, he just turned it on and then started to play with it... now couldnt activate, i did activate the other 2 phones...

seems carl is not familiar with people from us traveling to china

bricked unlocked iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.