Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java update (removal) issue with ETRADE.

After the most recent Java software update that removed Java I am having and issue with my ETRADE Marketcaster real time quotes. After the update I opened Marketcaster and was prompted to download Java from Sun. When I run Marketcaster now it's very very slow and the real-time updates are far from real time. In the past when I opened Marketcaster it would load all 75 stocks that I track instantly. After the update it loads them line by line and takes about 1 minute to fully list all 75. Also when I try to change any font sizes or rearrange columns the caster goes crazy and starts showing multiple versions overlapping each other.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 9:01 AM

8 replies

Oct 18, 2012 10:13 AM in response to Seanrobrien

In addition:

Java has nothing to do with using the 360 view. You don't even need Java installed. Using 360 takes a bit to get use to and setting up, but it works very well. I double tap on the window bar to zoon the window to the full screen width also so I can see it better.

For your java issue, I'm not sure that Java 6 works with the latest security update. I haven't tried to reinstall it myself.

Follow macjack's instructions to install the old plugin back. You will also need to check the Utilities folder to see that Java 6 SE is there and enabled. If it isn't, you can restore it from a TM backup and check the settings to make sure it is enabled.

When doing the above, close browsers first.

Java update (removal) issue with ETRADE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.