Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Self-signed SSL cert on OS X Server for accessing Calendar on a client iPhone?

Can I use a self-signed SSL cert on Mountain Lion OS X Server for accessing Calendar on a client iPhone or do I have to buy a paid SSL cert? Any help would be appreciated - such as instructions for implementing this. I am setting up a home server for the first time and would like my family to access a single calendar on their iPhones and MacBooks to share.

Mac mini, OS X Server, Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 Server

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 2:14 PM

iOS devices do not seem to like self-signed certificates very much, so I would recommend getting a cheap ssl certificate 🙂

6 replies

Oct 20, 2012 8:43 AM in response to Dr_Pakman

I currently have the configureation you are talking about. To allow an iOS device to connect do the following.

1. From the iOS device go to your servers homepage in safari.

2. Login to the profile manager using that individuals userid and password. For some reason I have to login twice the first time I enter the userid and password it will not authenticate the second time it will log the user in.

3. Click the install button next to the "Trust profile" to install it to the iOS device. This will make the iOS device trust the certificate from your personal server.

4. After that you may also install the server profile which will install your vpn and calendar etc... profiles for connecting to the services you have setup on the server onto the iOS device.

5. Once you accomplish this you will be able to access your services via your local lan or vpn.

Self-signed SSL cert on OS X Server for accessing Calendar on a client iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.