Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove things from my bar at the bottom??

I have just bought my first mac and im struggling I have clicked 0n console, terminal, keychain access and grapher and theyve all stayed on the task bar at the bottom. How do I remove them??

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 12:29 PM

thanks for the reply! but this doesnt seem to help it just flys straight back to the bar at the bottom??????

3 replies

Oct 18, 2012 12:23 PM in response to antons99

Removing items from the Dock

To remove an item from the Dock, drag its icon off the Dock onto the desktop; the icon will disappear in a poof of smoke. Don't worry, you didn't permanently remove the item from your computer; you simply got rid of its Dock icon. If you want that item back on the Dock, you can easily locate the application, file, or folder in the Finder, and drag it back into the Dock. Keep in mind that there are some icons that you can't remove, such as the Trash and the Finder.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2474

Best.

Oct 18, 2012 12:48 PM in response to antons99

You have to quit the application.

Move the mouse pointer to the top of the desktop.

Right next to the Apple icon , name of the application will be shown.

Click on it. At the bottom of the drop down, you will see "Quit ......"

Click on it.

Application will quit and the icon in the Dock will vanish.

Mountain Lion.

You have to drag the icon in the Dock at least more than an inch on to the desktop make it disappear.

how do I remove things from my bar at the bottom??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.