0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 4:58 PM by mrcharmy
mrcharmy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Is there any way to change the default even input settings on iCal?   I've been disappointed in the new default settings on iCal in System 10.7.  For further explanation - here's the previous iCal input scenario which I'd like to set up once again.

When you double click on an event - it doesn't open the larger info window - only the small one line entry on the calendar.  You must click three times to get that window to open.

Once there - you'll notice that the calendar defaults to an "all-day" event.  This makes no sense to me.  I have to change the time - which also defaults to an all day 10am-6pm "from/to" schedule.  You must then change all of these as well.  Previously, it would automatically update the "to" time to an hour after whatever time you set the "from" time.

This new system forces one to click and change quite a bit more than previously - making this new system decidedly un-Apple-like in its inefficiency. 

I've asked Apple about these issues - and sent in suggestions to them as well.  All to no avail.  Any suggestions - or even an explanation as to why this program is set up this way would be really helpful. 

Many thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5), iCal