Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad (3) wont back up to icloud blaming not enough storage.

My ipad (latest model, ios 6, 64GB) wont backup saying there is not enough icloud storage available. However, I have 9.9 GB available in available. I also have 19GB free on the ipad itself. Help?! (PS I have done a full system reboot too.) Thanks!

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 5:21 PM

8 replies

Oct 18, 2012 5:37 PM in response to richardbagnall

Do you use iCloud only for backups? In other words you don't use iTunes at all? What I am trying to figure out is even though you have 9.9 GB of storage left, theoretically you may be exceeding that in what you want to backup to iCloud.

Do you have lots and lots of photos in the camera roll? Another thing I'm curious about is when did you last backup with iCloud?

Oct 18, 2012 11:48 PM in response to Demo

I paid the extra money to have the music in my itunes available for download wherever I am. That cost £20+ p.a. and is positioned by Apple as outside of my icloud service. I signed up to icloud's extra storage space 6 months or so after signing up to the music anywhere service. There should be plenty of space available.

I appreciate your help; Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks all.

Richard

Oct 19, 2012 12:09 AM in response to richardbagnall

It seems to me that this discussion may need some clarity. Are you saying that you paid for itunes match as well as extra icloud backup storage? Itunes match is completely seperate from icloud backup. If you have a 64GB ipad and only 15GB of total icloud storage, then its certainly concievable that you have too much content on your ipad to be backed up. You can check how much is currently being used by going to settings/general/usage/icloud-manage storage on ipad. This should also show how much is being used by other device backups such as your iphone or ipod. You can also call apple tech support and they can look at your icloud account and confirm what is actually being stored there and how much storage space that you have.

Oct 19, 2012 8:18 AM in response to GrumpyGator

Thanks for your email and help.Some clarifications:

Yes, I have paid for itunes match. I have only a few songs on my ipad. The majority of them are on my PC which is where I manage my itunes accoiunt from. My ipad streams songs on demand from itunes match.

Yes, I have also paid for extra space in icloud backup storage - I have bought the additional 10 GB

My ipad is a 64 GB ipad 3 device, UK model. NB I have upgraded it to IOS6. Therefore settings/general/usage/icloud-manage storage does not exist as a valid string. However under settings/icloud/storage & backup/ total storage it shows 15 GB and under available it shows 9.9GB

Under settings / general / capacity it shopwes 57.2 gb and under available it shows 19.1 GB

I do have some large photos and videos on the device. Is this likely to be the issue?

Thaks to all for your help.

Richard

ipad (3) wont back up to icloud blaming not enough storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.