Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics will not load for map view error: Could not find default.styleproto in framework

Hey there,

I am trying to load a mapview using Mapkit and everything was working a week ago. When I got the update for 4.5 for xcode all of a sudden the mapview would not load properly. It seems to pin point on my location properly but there is no graphics. I have made sure that my .mapType is set properly and I have looked at all the other settings. Also a project that uses mapview on another computer gets the same problem I am getting, it seems I have lost this file "default.styleproto" from somewhere.

If it helps, I had problems with my first download of xcode, I had two versions some how running on my computer so I ran a command line script to erase everything to do with xcode so I could download a new copy and start from fresh. It seemed to have deleted my "developer" folder for my apps.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:42 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2013 8:38 AM in response to gmazza

I had the same problem and the map wouldn't work at all. The files should be in the folder

~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/[6.0 and above]/Library/Caches/GeoServices/Resources

In my case I had 3 styleproto files in there including default-305@2x.styleproto which I duplicated and renamed to default.styleproto. Now the map works but all the icons are @2x size, which is very annoying. I thought of using the default.styleproto file from a different computer but it didn't have it either.

Any real solution to this?

Graphics will not load for map view error: Could not find default.styleproto in framework

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.