Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic 160g

I have a 2009 iPod Classic 160g which has been "restored to original settings" therefore deleting everything..

Now system won't recognise the iPod, i keep getting the mess to "restore" etc..have 30,000 songs in iTunes, how can I update software in iPod ? Plz help

iPod classic

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 8:45 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2012 7:07 AM in response to PeteOD

When you connect the iPod to your PC/Mac, does it still charge? What is shown on the display while connected? Are you plugging it into a high powered USB 2.0 port located directly on the PC versus through a hub?

Do you have another cable to test it out with to be sure that your current 30 pin dock connector cable is not faulty or damaged?

Another good test at this point would be to try and connect it to another PC or Mac to determine if it's an iPod issue or a PC/Mac issue.

B-rock

Oct 19, 2012 8:29 PM in response to planb77

Everything appears to be working ok except that when I go to "If you are experiencing problems..etc you can restore it to original settings by clicking restore" I do that & it then asks whether I know that It will wipe everything off the iPod, I click to allow it to do this. It takes about 15 minutes then I get the message "your iPod has been restored...etc"

I then get the message "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod "PETE'S IPOD" go to the summary tab etc..

We are then back to square 1

I have 36,500 songs in iTunes so I need to be careful, would hate to lose them...

thanx, hope you can help

Pete

iPod Classic 160g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.