Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail accounts not showing up in Server Admin

HI folks.

Added a new domain. DNS set up outside and inside the server. MX records resolving just fine.

Added 3 new users, gave them Leopard Server style email aliases for the new domain.

Server Admin doesn't show the accounts. Restarted the box, reloaded Postfix, done everything I have read. Have I done something wrong? Those accounts should show up.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 9:29 PM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2012 7:08 PM in response to BioRich

So how DOES one go about adding new users? I have the Advanced installation. Here's what I have done:

1. Gone into Workgroup Manager, authenticated into LDAP 127.0.0.1 along where the other users are
  2. Added a new user
  3. Gave them short name email addresses: Name: Scott Thatguy, Short Names: scott, scott@mydomain.com
  4. Gave him a password, clicked "access account"
  5. Enabled their mail in the Mail tab, gave them a mail server which resolves properly, and IMAP only
  6. Save

In Server Admin: Mail: Overview, IMAP is running.

In Server Admin: Mail: Maintenance: Accounts, nobody new shoes up. I've stopped mail, restarted it. Nothing. Restarted the box. Nothing.

Nobody knows what's going wrong? Why haven't these accounts been started and showing up in this list?

Really, any help appreciated. This stuff is supposed to be easy.

Cheers

Oct 22, 2012 4:00 PM in response to BioRich

OK I got past it. It is indeed broken.

What I had to do was set the email preference for those problematic accounts to forward to my normal email. Then send an email to that account. It forwarded and also replied back with a problem report. So it did both. And the account showed up in Accounts. Then I changed it back to enabled email, and it worked.

I shouldn't have to tweak the accounts to have email accounts to show up. That plist demonstrated to be valid, and it wasn't working. Or it being XML.

In any case, the solution is that you have to tweak the account to get it to show up, or have it exposed in postfix.

Apple, might want to make sure this doesn't happen in the hugely inexpensive current version. I spent too much money on this version to get a new box with an updated version.

Mail accounts not showing up in Server Admin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.