Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Retina randomly freezing

This problem is getting ridiculous, and to say the least, I spent way too much money to experience problems like this with a computer.

Pretty often, I'll be using my laptop and and application will suddenly become non-responsive. I then try to quit it, and it gets stuck on my screen with the spinning wheel mouse icon. I can move it around, but I can't quit it. Every other app I have open starts to follow suit and when I try to reset my computer I get stuck on a screen like: User uploaded file

I am amazed at how long this has been going, to how many people it has been happening to, and the fact that Apple has not yet released a public statement about this issue.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 9:58 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Retina randomly freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.