Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed! when I compressed a fcpx movie using compressor 4!

Hi I am using for the first time compressor 4. It successfully compresed a movie form FCP X and when i tried to do this again after making some changes to the movie, it said Failed! sos.

thank you.

btw I used custom settings for vimeo, watched the video about how to custom set the movie for vimeo etc.

also, it is a shame apple has not fixed the problem of sharing to vimeo still...

hints, help?

maria

sydney

Final Cut Pro X, Quicktime

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 1:23 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2012 6:49 AM in response to toti54

So, Maria, what were these custom settings –specifically?

There are a lot of reasons why a job like this could fail. Describe your workflow…was it sent from the Share menu in FCP?

I have put a lot of content on Vimeo. I upload manually, so I have a pretty good idea what part of the process is working…or not. Occasionally I run into glitches. It might be in the upload process; it might be in Vimeo's encoding process. (Vimeo, YouTube, et al recompress anything you give them – irrespective of whether it is a QT or an MP4 – a high data rate file or low.) Sometimes (blush) it's operator error and a I get a poor encode. In all cases I've been able to sort it out – usually by trying a new upload.

toti54 wrote:

also, it is a shame apple has not fixed the problem of sharing to vimeo still...

hints, help?

I wasn't aware there is was a problem with sharing to Vimeo.

Russ

Failed! when I compressed a fcpx movie using compressor 4!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.