Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone4 & iOS6 & Leopard OSX10.5.8

So I have an iPhone4 - updated to iOS6, I also back it up to my Macbook pro (Aluminium without intel chip) running Leopard.

After updating to iOS6, I couldn't sync it to my itunes as I needed the newest version (downloadable only from the Apple site)

After downloading - I then couldn't install it due to only having Leopard.

I've taken it to the Genius bar and they've offered to upgrade my OS to Snow Leopard for FREE.

They said this should work. Will it? I haven't done it yet though - But a free upgrade is always useful.

Now, is this going to work if I get an iPhone5 or am I going to need another upgrade of some sort?

I have seen a link floating around for an itunes download that should work for it, but aprehensive in case I get an iPhone5.

All Advice welcome.

Cheers

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), iOS 6

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 4:03 AM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2012 5:16 AM in response to Keld_86

Yes it will work. I have Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8) with iTunes 10.7. It syncs both my iOS 6 devices- an iPad3 (updated to iOS 6) and my iPod touch 5th generation. I see no reason an iPhone 5 wouldn't. Just a note Snow Leopard only works with Intel CPUs and ALL MacBooks have Intel CPUs (the previous generations were called Powerbooks)

Oct 19, 2012 7:09 AM in response to Neville Hillyer

I was hoping to upgrade my Creative Suite design package to CS6 but told by another Mac user that I wouldn't have the right hardware (intel chip) to run Lion (which is needed for CS6 to run.

He must be mistaken, as the link you have posted is my Mac.

Thank you all so very much for taking the time to help.

Despite Apple being a pain in the backside when it comes to this kind of thing...

you guys are the reason I am still with Apple. The Apple "community" of helpful people!!

Keep it up, you make a difference.

iPhone4 & iOS6 & Leopard OSX10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.