Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Lightning Scratch?

Hey all,

I was curious about anyone with the slate/black iPhone 5. I know the bezel scratches really easy, so I was wondering if the lighting connecter can scratch the finish? This is a concern of mine. Have anyof you seen this happen? Any suggestions to stop the scratches?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:03 AM

Neil,

It actually sratch the finish. I have a white/silver iphone 5 and I keep my iphone charged on the car. Without thinking i just put the lightning connector by sliding and trying to feel the opening of the port. And yesterday i saw my iphone 5 scratched around the opening.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2012 6:03 AM in response to Neil D

Neil,

It actually sratch the finish. I have a white/silver iphone 5 and I keep my iphone charged on the car. Without thinking i just put the lightning connector by sliding and trying to feel the opening of the port. And yesterday i saw my iphone 5 scratched around the opening.

Does Lightning Scratch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.