Skip navigation

podcast app is totally messed up

296 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 7:19 AM by terriergal RSS
terriergal Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 19, 2012 7:19 AM

I really LIKE the concept and some of the features of the podcast app, but every time I use it I find it doesn't keep track of the podcasts accurately.This has happened on my Iphone 4s and now my new Iphone 5.

What happens is this:  I sync my phone and let's say I have a podcast that has episodes for each day.  (one a day, or even multiple files per day, because they happen to break down the show into hour slots).

I have them sorted newest first.

My phone has listed only two episodes, let's say, for 10-16.  So I play what on my phone LOOKS like hour 2 of 10-16.  It plays fine, or at least I think it, but then I realize I don't want to listen to it so I go to the next file, hour 3 of 10-16, and it plays the same thing.  The description on the file is different however.  It actually shows the description from hour 1 of 10-17, the file name/title of 10-16 hour 2, and plays 10-16 hour 3.

To make matters more confusing, check this out.  When I go back to Itunes on my macbook (fully updated as usual) it shows that I really have three episodes unplayed that should have synced, for the date 10-16.  What I was playing was actually hour 3, and the file's which was listed next in the list was the description from 10-17 hour 3.  It appeared to be on the phone as 10-17 hour 1 but it didn't actually play that file anyway, it played 10-16 hour

So it is not keeping track of tags AT ALL hardly, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it from anything an end-user can look at.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.