Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam: Add additional clip?

Is there a way to add additional angle to a multicam clip?

Here's the situation, I shot 2 cameras at a recent wedding and I have been editing them in FCP.

A guest had some nice shot from a different angle that I would like to incorporate.

How can I preserve the work I have already done and add this new footage as a new angle?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:06 AM

Open the multicam clip into the angle editor. Click the popup triangle next to one of the angles and select Add Angle.

User uploaded file

This will create an empty lane. Drag the clip onto it and then from the same popup select use sync angle to monitoring angle.

5 replies

Dec 9, 2013 8:35 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi,

I was editing a multicam clip in the angle editor. A few video clips and one audio only clip.

Then I shortened the audio only clip for further synch editing from his top (the very beginning). Several times I put it back to his original length. Then suddenly I couldn't do that any more. It wouldn't come to his original length any more. A bit was missing in front. So I added a new angle, dragged the original audio clip from the event browser into the new angle and selected "sync angle to monitoring angle". The whole multicam clip played perfectly back when playing it in the angle editor. But as soon as I close the multicam clip, there is a little "missing" showing up, and it doesn't play the audio any more. What could be the problem? (I transcoded the media in to proxy, in order to have smoother editing).

Multicam: Add additional clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.