Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is mackeeper an approved product

is mackeeper an approved product and safe

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:25 AM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2012 9:12 AM in response to lucy38

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

There are no officially approved products for Macs. There are products that have been approved by Apple to be sold from the Mac App Store (MAS), but their approval for sale should not be confused as an indorsement from Apple that you should buy it. MacKeeper is not approved for sale in the MAS, but that may be because it has not been submitted by the developers for MAS distribution.

Many folks do not like MacKeeper and would counsel against using it. Some would say that it can be damaging to your Mac's system software. That is true if the user does not understand how to properly use MacKeeper. Other folks like the app and what it can do with wise use.

http://www.cultofmac.com/170522/is-mackeeper-really-a-scam/

YMMV

is mackeeper an approved product

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.