Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I switch iPhoto libraries, will my iPad still keep the photos from the old library?

I have two iPhoto libraries. If I switch libraries will my iPad still keep the photos from the old library?

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:40 AM

No. All photos must be included in every sync - each time that you sync. If you copy the photos from the one library into the other library - and then select the new photos along with the current photos to sync - then they will all sync to the iPad.

if you simply choose the new library to sync, it will replace the photos currently on the iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2012 7:40 AM in response to BernieK2

No. All photos must be included in every sync - each time that you sync. If you copy the photos from the one library into the other library - and then select the new photos along with the current photos to sync - then they will all sync to the iPad.

if you simply choose the new library to sync, it will replace the photos currently on the iPad.

Oct 20, 2012 4:42 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the answer. Since my photo library is so large, I broke it up into two libraries. Now I am thinking of opening a third library. Not all of the albums are worthy of including on the iPad, so I will create a library of only the ones I want to include on the iPad. Your answer was what I needed.

If I switch iPhoto libraries, will my iPad still keep the photos from the old library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.