Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is going on with the Ariel Font in Mountain Lion for the iMac?

I have 10.8.1 on both my Imac and my MacBook Pro. The Ariel Font works on the MacBook Pro, but it is not listed on the Imac. There are other Ariel fonts with additional names that do work in the Imac. What is going on?

Thanks for your reponse.

jayv43

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:56 AM

6 replies

Oct 19, 2012 10:11 AM in response to Jay Voss

If you have dropped font files in ~/Library/Fonts that are old Type 1 or non-Mac TruType, your results may vary. If you had installed MS Office, and then removed it, that might also account for these issues.

Rebooting into safe mode will rebuild your font cache. Power off. Hold shift-key down until login window.

Revisit Arial in Font Book.

Oct 19, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Jay Voss

The Arial Font works on the MacBook Pro, but it is not listed on the iMac.

By not listed, do you mean it doesn't show up in the font lists of apps you're using, or it literally isn't on the hard drive?

Look in the /Library/Fonts/ folder. That's the Library from the root of the drive, not in the System folder or your user account. Is Arial.ttf actually missing?

What is going on with the Ariel Font in Mountain Lion for the iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.