Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean install of ML - stopping during install with error "failing to verify additionalspeechvoices.pkg"

This all stemmed from my other discussion when ML basically destroyed my HD and my Time Machine Backup.

So, I put in a new 750GB, redownload ML from the App Store, created a GUID partition install USB stick using Disk Utility (on my MBA) and then fired up my 2011 Mini.

I open up Disk Utility from the startup USB stick and format the new drive last night (3x random/zero write to get it warmed up and see if there are any problems with the new drive, but it performs great),

So after that, this morning I try to run the installer. About half way through when it's "Preparing for Install" it stops with an error, "Can't download the additional components needed to install OS X." which is supremely irritating, since this is the almost-5GB file I downloaded from the App Store. Why does it need to download ANYTHING? What about people without... the INTERNET? Although I have to admit, I didn't try it without an internet connection.

So, I pop open the error logs to see where the hang up is happening and it's trying 10 times to verify "AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg"

Any help would be appreciated, as this whole experinece has been the most un-Mac like in my 26 years of using Apple products.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2), i7, 8GB, 750GB

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:03 AM

2 replies

Clean install of ML - stopping during install with error "failing to verify additionalspeechvoices.pkg"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.