Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant update past 10.5.8

Hi, i have a 13'' macbook, i am trying to sync my iphone 5 to it, but says i must have 10.7 itunes, when i try to download 10.7 itunes it says it cant download because im not running 10.6.8. i am running 10.5.8 but cannot download/install any newer software. is this because my laptop is too old? HELP PLEASE!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:16 PM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2012 12:36 PM in response to george76548

You need to buy the OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system from the online Apple store, which in the US is at 800-MY-APPLE. You'll need at least 1GB of memory installed. When you get 10.6, install it, run Software Update several times until no more updates are available, and you'll be at 10.6.8. Then you can install iTunes 10.7.

cant update past 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.