Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greetings! I have a nano touch 6th gen that suddenly died when I hooked it up to my netbook. Battery charged. Used ditrct power source. Left Charging Overnight. Sleep and on tried, nothing but black screen. I appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Sorry!! My first time here and I unloaded all (almost) all the tribulations in the question! My daughter gave me this nano touch 6th gen- I thought it was a battery, now you know what you are dealing with here, please type slow- it worked terrifically. I hooked to my netbook while my external was plugged in and the nano flashed something like don't unplug in neon letters and died. During this dramatic death scene, my entire library for I tunes was wiped out. I truly have no idea what happened or if it can even be fixed! Any thoughts or suggestions would be muchly appreciated ( I am afraid to call my daughter- I still struggle with my cell phone and this may send her off the edge!)

iPod nano, 6 generation touch

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 1:52 PM

After leaving the iPod to charge at a minimum of 30 minutes, have you tried resetting it? To reset the iPod, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear. This may or may not work the first time around, so be sure to try it more than once.

B-rock

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2012 1:52 PM in response to dizzard

After leaving the iPod to charge at a minimum of 30 minutes, have you tried resetting it? To reset the iPod, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear. This may or may not work the first time around, so be sure to try it more than once.

B-rock

Oct 27, 2012 8:51 PM in response to planb77

Thank you so much for your advice, and please excuse the tardiness of my response. I tried three times but it still won't turn on. But it was terrific of you to help.. at least now I have tried all things that should have worked. I don't have the serial # from the original box..but I noticed tiny little writing under the clip. Sadly I tried to take a picture of it to blow up so i could read it. I do not think I have to tell you the outcome of that one. Then I took a mirror thinking that if I could magnify I could read. Nope.And the ultimate act of lunacy that truly gives creedance to my moniker dizzard- I tried taking a picture of the magnified mirror image. During this entire process it did not occur to me to see if the clip came off. Since you have been so kind, may I impose upon you to ask how to remove the clip?

Ever so grateful!

Oct 28, 2012 6:38 AM in response to dizzard

Never noticed the priniting there - heck of a place to put it. It's hard to make out, but it appears that the first line is "Assembled in China", the second is a model number and an EMC no (Electromagnetic Compatability Number - another Apple model identifier), and the third is "Designed by Apple in California," but no Serial number. Unhelpfully for you it shows up in the Help/About menu.

And I'm also no help on the hinge, though that probably isn't an issue now.

Sorry

Oct 29, 2012 5:07 AM in response to ronaldd

OMG- That has to be the 'dine out on' story of the decade- I read it in the help section-- if you could have seen me with the mirror, the zooming, the windows, upside down- did I tell you about the charcoal to try and make shadows to photo better? Fess up - how hard did you laugh? Thank you ever so much, you truly are a good person. Oh yes, you get the clip off with a hammer.

Thanks again- Apple owes you big as I am now looking at the 16g--

Health and happiness to you and yours,

Drizzy.

Greetings! I have a nano touch 6th gen that suddenly died when I hooked it up to my netbook. Battery charged. Used ditrct power source. Left Charging Overnight. Sleep and on tried, nothing but black screen. I appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.